The Crested Gecko Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Crested Gecko Forum
The Crested Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG HELPPPP

2 posters

Go down

OMG HELPPPP Empty OMG HELPPPP

Post by specialboy3007 Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:44 pm

i went to pick up a stick in my baby geckos cage, his tale was on the stick and i ended up grabing his tail unknowingly and i squished it against the sticks, he is now super scared of me. im not sure wat to do. any ideas? Sad

specialboy3007
Leopard
Leopard

My Points : 29

Back to top Go down

OMG HELPPPP Empty Re: OMG HELPPPP

Post by ashbamserenity Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:17 pm

Most I can say is give him time to relax and calm down from the event. I suggest giving him a week or more to cope with it. Did his tail fall off? If so, unfortunately it does not grow back. If it didn't then he shouldn't be hurt & just a little startled. Give him time to chill out, and then you can try handling him again. BE CAREFUL! Also if you'd like him to trust you more try the "hand staircase method" meaning you place one hand in front of the other like a staircase so he can climb from hand to hand. He will get used to this and then become much easier to handle. Hope this helped! Next time be more careful and look for him first before you pull anything out of the tank. Smile

ashbamserenity

My Points : 9

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum