The Crested Gecko Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Crested Gecko Forum
The Crested Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crazy Crestie

2 posters

Go down

Crazy Crestie Empty Crazy Crestie

Post by xvickyx Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:42 am

I am not sure if he is aggresive or just very hungry when in hunting mode he has even bit my OH (partly out fault as it was late at night and he was looking like he was in that frame of mind) Crazy Crestie Icon_eek I can go in there and move things around and change water etc, he just sits there, but when we go to pick him up he freaks out still Crazy Crestie Icon_sad

He is out and about all the time, even this morning at 9am when I went to work. He is fed 3-4 small locusts or crix about twice a week and always has rapshey available, he is VERY enthusiastic when he is hunting, he just wants to attack anything Lol, even has attacked the glass because he saw me move past it Crazy Crestie Icon_rolleyes Crazy Crestie Icon_rolleyes

Anyone elses crestie like this? Is it neccessary to pick them up and handle them? The handling side of things was not why i got into reptiles, as I do believe they they do only tolerate handling, and sometimes can do more harm than good, but just wondered, as I like him as he is, kinda wild Crazy Crestie Icon_lol but friendly at the same time lol
xvickyx
xvickyx
Admin
Admin

My Points : 500

http://www.vickyexotics.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Crazy Crestie Empty Re: Crazy Crestie

Post by Crestie Chris Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:03 am

Ahh don't worry, Dylan is like this at the moment, he sometimes tears chunks out of the kitchen roll as he sees a shadow on it XD

I think it could be to do with the increased temperatures and him being a young male. It doesn't stop me handling him, just make sure if you hand feed him you use tweesers so that he associates them with food and not your fingers Crazy Crestie Lol
Crestie Chris
Crestie Chris

My Points : 58

Back to top Go down