The Crested Gecko Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Crested Gecko Forum
The Crested Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weening off dropper bottle

Go down

weening off dropper bottle Empty weening off dropper bottle

Post by MaureenT Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:18 pm

Hello. I'm new to the forum. I have an unusual predicament. About a year ago my male crestie (he's about 2 years of now) became ill, and the only way I could get him to eat was through a dropper bottle filled with crested gecko diet. Well, he's been healthy for quite some time now, but he's in the habit of sitting in my hand and drinking drops from his bottle (I supplement with dusted crickets).

Although I enjoy this little routine, I know it's not a good idea for him to be dependent on this. Any tips on transitioning him to eating normally --from a dish or other container? I'm going on a five day trip at the end of the month and I need to be able to leave him under someone else's care. Any help in breaking this funny habit would be greatly appreciated. PS--as you can imagine I worry about him getting dehydrated/hungry. Will misting his cage with water help or just "enable" him to get moisture this way instead of seeking out his crested gecko diet? Should I refrain from supplementing with crickets during this transition? Thanks!

Last edited by MaureenT on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : misspelled word by author)

MaureenT

My Points : 3

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum